It’s started! And you can still have some input into it.
Best Tools For Men: Shop Manual for Men
That’s the working title and I’m really stoked about the concepts in putting together a “Shop Manual” or “Guide” to help men regain or improve their masculinity. Things we all wish our dads had taught us. Things we wished we had known when we were twenty. I’m looking for your comments and ideas to round this out. Below is a list of 14 sections that will be in the book so far.
BONUS! Though the book will only cost a burger and fries, you get to see the first draft unfold in this blog. I’ll be writing one or two sections a week.
Will you help? What would you like to see added?
- What does it mean to be a man? Men are leaders, builders, fixers, explorers and risk takers. Are you?
- Persuade, don’t argue. How to get people to take action and do stuff. Do you know the five basic tactics for persuasion?
- Systems vs. Goals. How systems are better and less demoralizing that goal setting.
- Mindset – Chicken or Egg. Why it doesn’t matter which came first and how to use your mind to change your body, and how to use your body to change your mind.
- Fake it till you make it – how to have confidence and determination.
- Pareto was right. How to use the 80/20 rule to your benefit in every area of life.
- What I learned from a whiskey puck. How to maintain focus.
- Life ain’t fair. How to play and win on an uneven field.
- Are you a one-ply guy? Skill stacking for success.
- Financial Final Destination. Avoiding the Grim Repo Man.
- Girls, trees, fishes and bicycles.
- Risky business. Take and manage risks for fun and profit.
- Building a better bullshit filter. Separating turds from truth.
- Language – balancing politeness with crudeness. When to let SGT Hartman out.